Cute Things to Say to your Girlfriend
Are you struggling to find cute things to say to your girlfriend? If you’re like most men, you probably go through life with your significant other and think about things a lot more than you talk about them. There are some men that are highly verbal, great communicators, and fantastic at putting their feelings out in the open in discussions. Unfortunately, the rest of us are usually the exact opposite. We know how we feel inside but usually keep it to ourselves. We’re satisfied with relationships that we feel are intimate but that our partners may feel are lacking a connection. A recent study showed that men have the same feelings of happiness and connectedness with their partner when sitting in the same room doing separate activities as women feel when having an intimate conversation, cuddling, or sharing a meal.
Men also tend to hide a lot. They’re more solitary and can be more self-absorbed than women are. For the same reason that men don’t ask for directions when they’re lost, men are often loathe to share their feelings even with someone as close as their girlfriend. Having cute things to say to your girlfriend is an important part of bridging that gap and letting your special person know that she’s special. You may not be able to articulate it just how you want, but having some go-to phrases can put a smile on her face when it’s most needed!
Why Have Sweet Things To Say To Your Girlfriend?
Before we get into all of the options for cute things to say to your girlfriend, it’s important to review the intentions behind the phrases we’re going to recommend. Why should you say cute things to your girlfriend? Why does it even matter? Let’s address that question with three reasons that you should say something cute to your girlfriend.
More Keto Recipes?
- Men and Women Communicate Differently: It’s no secret that men and women often differ significantly in how they communicate in social settings as well as in an intimate relationship. The biggest difference is probably in the level of reassurance that each partner needs to feel valued and loved in the context of that relationship. Men have entire relationships where they never reflect on or share their feelings with others. Chances are that if you’re a man, you’ve never told your buddies that you watch football with on the weekend how much you really love them and cherish your time together. You’ve probably never told your boss how much they’re a crutch for you and how they’ve helped you develop. A significant percentage of men never say “I love you” to their own children. Men are happy to exist in relationships with no affirmation of their feelings. We know we love people and we know they love us, and that’s good enough.
Women are actually the exact opposite. Chances are that if you don’t say “I love you” to your girlfriend on a regular basis, she may not know that you actually do. Women are much more likely to explicitly communicate their feelings to others, including friends, family, co-workers and significant others. While a man can survive without doing that, women need to hear it, and telling your girlfriend how you feel in a cute way will really help strengthen her security about your relationship.
- You’ll become a Better Man: This is 2015. Most of the stereotypes about masculinity and men being distant, unemotional providers in a relationship have largely been debunked and discredited. We’re in a new era of manhood – one that encourages men to express themselves and their emotions in a positive way. Most men will continue to struggle with this new expectation, but it doesn’t have to be a battle to adapt! Once you start doing little things that acknowledge your status as an emotional being with real feelings, it becomes easier to keep doing that in the future. The ladies in your life, and you children (or future children) will be happy that you’re able to share deeper and more meaningful emotional connections with them and you’ll be healthier and part of a happier relationship with your girlfriend.
- Happy Wife, Happy Life: Most people have heard this expression before, but there’s an important thing to remember when throwing this around. It isn’t only true of wives, but girlfriends as well! Many relationship issues and obstacles stem from your girlfriend being insecure about how you feel. That’s not to say that they all do, but a fair many do! For example, have you ever gotten caught looking at another girl for some reason and had to back-pedal or give an explanation? Was your girlfriend jealous that your eyes were drawn to someone instead of her? Does your girlfriend ever think that you’re disinterested in her because of the time you spend absorbed in your own hobbies and activities? Women can feel threatened by pass-times that pull you away from them and take over your attention, things like playing video games, watching a TV show or sport that you enjoy, hanging out with your guy friends or going to the gym. You can nip all of these feelings in the bud just by helping your girlfriend feel more secure about your relationship. If she knows that you have eyes only for her, because you reminded her yesterday at dinner, she’ll be more likely to believe that your eyes were actually drawn to that other woman’s fancy purse! If you tell her frequently how interesting you find her, and how happy you are that you two share great conversations, she won’t feel as threatened when you decide to play video games for hours on end! You’re certain to come out the winner anytime you go out of your way to make your girlfriend feel special.
Actions Speak Louder than Words
Although having cute things to say to your girlfriend is really great, always remember that actions speak louder than words. While it’s never a good idea to date somebody obsessed with money or your ability to offer financial stability or a specific lifestyle, it’s very important to augment the sweet nothings you’ll be whispering with a sweet something every once in a while. For someone that really loves who you are, you’ll never have to break the bank to get the desired effect when giving a gift. Gifts are supposed to come from the heart and something as small as a cheap bouquet of flowers, some chocolates or a small card are guaranteed to make your girlfriend feel special and cared for by you.
Talk is cheap and you can’t always get by just by saying what seems to be the right thing at the right time. If you really want to build a strong relationship in the long term, take note of what things make your girlfriend happy and what things are important to her, and make the extra effort to make those times special for her. Personally, I don’t really care about my Anniversary with my girlfriend. It seems like it’s just another day and I wouldn’t really go out of my way to celebrate or do anything special. I think it’s great that we’ve been together for a long time but the specific day isn’t that important to me.
On the other hand, I know how important it is to her. As a result, I have to remind myself not to be selfish. Just because it doesn’t feel like a big deal for me, doesn’t mean that she doesn’t deserve to celebrate it with me if she really cares about it. I still make sure that I do something extra special for her, even if it’s just getting her a card and going out for dinner together. That way, she at least knows that I acknowledge when something is special for her, and that I’m willing to celebrate with her.
The final piece of advice I’ll give in this section is that it’s all about the card. To me, a card feels like a total waste of money, and nine times out of ten, it probably is. After all, you’re just paying money for a piece of paper that says something that you could say yourself. To emphasize the importance of taking cute things to say to your girlfriend and actually writing them down, I’ll tell a quick, personal story.
One year, I went all out for my girlfriend’s birthday. I got her an expensive gift that she could use for a long time, cooked a very fancy four course dinner and planned a surprise party with all of her friends at a local restaurant. What shocked me was that of all the things I had done to make her feel special, it was the card I gave her that actually made her cry. She’ll probably eventually forget what the gift was or who gave it to her and when, the cake from the party was all eaten and we probably got drunk and forgot the party, and although my cooking is decent, she certainly can’t remember everything I made that night. Still, I’m totally convinced that she’ll never forget the card I gave her. It’s all about the card.
A Word of Caution
Before we jump into this list of cute things to say to your girlfriend, I’ll offer a quick word of caution. These phrases are fantastic and most women will love them, but you’ll have to choose wisely which phrase will get the reaction that you’re hoping for. The most important thing is to be truthful, genuine and believable when you talk to your girlfriend about your feelings for her. If she doesn’t believe what you say or if you aren’t really being honest, you’re probably doing more harm than good with what’s coming out of your mouth.
Adapt these phrases, be authentic, start with an intention of caring and watch your relationship grow from the seeds you plant.
List of 40 Sweet Things to Say to a Girl
- I was out last night under the stars and started matching each one with a reason that I’m happy we’re together. It was pretty great until I started running out of stars.
- My life without you would be like a dull knife, totally pointless.
- You must be a thief baby, because you stole my heart.
- Every time you walk into the room, I fall in love with you all over again.
- I never worry about getting dementia or losing my memory because then I could just fall in love with you over and over.
- Sometimes I wake up at night and just think about how amazing it is that we found each other and that I get to call you mine.
- I think that when god created you, he had me in mind. Clearly we’re a match made in heaven.
- I could rule the world with just one hand as long as I had you holding the other.
- You may not be perfect, but you’re perfect for me and that’s what matters.
- I’m convinced that when god made you, all he did was take the wings off of one of his angels and send you to earth.
- You’re my dream girl, and now we’re stuck together because I promised I would never give up on my dreams.
- If I died after you and couldn’t find you in heaven, I’d give the angels their wings back and go to hell just to be with you forever.
- Vows always say “until death do us part” but I’m convinced that our souls will be together long after we’re dead.
- No matter what happens, I’ll have you in my heart forever.
- I know that if I died tomorrow, I could go peacefully because the time we’ve shared has made me so happy.
- I sometimes wish I could pause time when we’re together and just be with you forever while everyone else is frozen in an instant.
- I was a different person before I met you; you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.
- Every single time I see your smile, I fall in love with you all over again.
- Every day that I wake up knowing that you love me, knowing that you care about me and that you’re thinking about me, and knowing that I feel the same way about you, I know that everything is going to turn out fine.
- Even after all the years we’ve spent together, I still get goose bumps every time you tell me that you love me.
- Sometimes when I think about our future, I wish our daughter will be just like you.
- All men want sons, but if our daughter has fifty percent of the amazing qualities you have, I’ll be the most loving father you could ever imagine.
- The first time I saw you, I was looking all over you trying to find a signature. I’ve heard that every work of art has one on it somewhere.
- I’ve decided that if my mother doesn’t approve of you, then she and I just aren’t going to get along anymore and I’m okay with that!
- I want us to commit the perfect crime: I steal your heart like you’ve just stolen mine.
- I just called to say that I love you and I’m thinking about you. Hope you’re having a beautiful day.
- If you held up a dozen roses and looked in the mirror, what you would see is 13 of the most beautiful things on earth.
- If I had to choose between breathing and loving you, I’d use the last breathe of my life to tell you that I love you to death.
- Sometimes we walk around together and I see our reflections and wonder “How can this be real? How can someone so perfect want to be with me?” I must be the luckiest man in the world.
- I used to wake up everyday with nothing to look forward to. I used to wander through my days lost until I found you. I never knew what I had to live for until you came into my life.
- Before I met you, I never thought I would really want to spend my life with anyone.
- You’re so sweet, a few years with you will turn me into a diabetic.
- Nothing makes me happier than a cold beer, a hot meal, and knowing that every night when I get home you’ll be there waiting for me.
- Every second away from you feels like an hour. Our time apart is a clock that never ticks. My heart aches for you.
- Before we met, I never understood people who walk around smiling for no reason.
- Every morning when I wake up next to you, I crack a smile and think about how incredibly lucky I am.
- If it sometimes seems like I’m not listening when you talk, I’m literally asking myself how I ended up dating someone so beautiful.
- Before we met, I thought miracles could never happen. Then I met the perfect woman and she was single!
- I want to be your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.
- They say that a picture’s worth a thousand words, but when I see your picture I can only think of three: I love you.